QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Ask and its given..."

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

This I promise you... ^_^

.

Promises are like babies: easy to make, hard to deliver.

I’ve promised islands of hopes and I’ve also been promised mountains of expectations. But not all are well kept.

Ever experienced having me to promise to catch up with you after our short accidental meeting during jogging session; but realize I didn’t even take your number after that? That’s because I was ‘probelchemising’.

Its an analogy I made to tell that I’m giving you a belching-like promise –A promise that ends after a burp. Short and sweet (not so).

My promise was said to be out of courtesy. I’m sorry; I’m not as honest as you think I am. Well, it is useless to hold a person to anything he/she says while he/she is in love, drunk, or running for office. And I was literally “running”. Heehee.. okay2… that’s MY BAD!! Showwie…

It is said that the best way to keep one's word is not to give it. And I couldn’t agree more. Promises are pleasant to hear but hurtful when it’s being betrayed.

Now, think with me. If a once disloyal promise could hurt so much, what more the oath made everyday?

(WARNING: PG)

Have you ever realize, we(Muslims) tend to pray to God 5 times a day. And in the beginning of our prayer we oath by saying :

“Wajjahtu wajhiya lilladhi fatara al-samawaati wa’l-ard haneefan musliman wa maa ana min al-mushrikeen. Inna salaati wa nusuki wa mahyaaya wa mamaati Lillaahi Rabb il-‘Aalameen, laa shareeka lahu wabidhaalika umirtu wa ana awwal ul-muslimeen, Allaahumma anta al-malik laa ilaaha illa anta, anta rabbi wa ana ‘abduka. Zalamtu nafsi wa’tarafty bi dhanbi, faghfir li dhunoobi jamee’an, innahu laa yaghfir ul-dhunooba illa anta. Wahdini li ahsan al-akhlaaq la yahdi li ahsaniha illa anta. Wasrif ‘anni sayyi’aha laa yasrifu ‘anni sayyi’aha illa anta. Labbayka wa sa’dayka wa’l-khayra kulluhu fi yadayka wa’l-sharru laysa ilayka, ana bika wa ilayka, tabaarakta wa ta’aalayta, astaghfiruka wa atoobu ilayk…”

Translation:

I have set my face towards the Originator of the heavens and the earth sincerely [in Islam], and I am not among theMushrikeen. Indeed, my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds, no partner has He. With this I have been commanded and I am the first of the Muslims (those who submit to Him). O Allaah, you are the King and there is no god but You. You are my Lord and I am Your slave. I have wronged myself, and have acknowledged my sins, so forgive all my sins, for no one forgives sins except You. Guide me to the best of attitudes, to which no one can guide except You, and save me from the worst of attitudes, from which no-one can save except You. I am here and happy to serve you. All good is in Your Hands, and evil is not from You. There is no escape or shelter from You except with You. Blessed are You and exalted. I seek Your forgiveness and repent to You).”

The green highlight: is the oath

The yellow : because it is just so sweet; so I highlighted it. Huhu ^_^

As a conclusion, though we tend to break promises among ourselves but please try our best not to break our promise to our Creator. I’m not saying “do not pray since you know you CANT fulfill the promise”. Please don’t get me wrong!! What am trying to say is, since we all know its our responsibility to pray, its best to keep our words to God. And once in a while why don’t you sing this to Him *I dare you!!* :-

“I’ll never break Your heart, I’lll never make You cry I’d rather die than live without You, I’ll give you all Your needs, Goddie that’s no lie”

I DARE YOU!! PLEASEE!!!!!! IF YOU LOVE ME!! LOL! I DARE YOU TO SING THE SONG AFTER YOUR MAGHRIB PRAYER TODAY!! PLEAAASEEE!!!!! With the dance steps of backstreet boys!! If you don’t than youre sucha COWARD!! Hihihi….

Oh yeah p/s: its nice to understand what you pray for. Therefore, I hope that all of us could mean what we say in our prayers. Rather than making it as a ritual habit.

* I’m telling this to myself too okay.. I’m trying my best to improve and be a better person. So please pray for me. Luv you too!!! ^_^ forever in lurve I am! So take off your clothes and do the ungawonga dance! ^______________________^ :P

2 comments:

Cheeky Chopz: said...

nice post...didn't realise what we usually say in prayers ..but thx anyhow.. gr8 post!

MaMMaMia said...

pleasure's all mine ;)